After upgrading my laptop to 126.96.36.199 kernel, hibernation worked flawlessly. Running my previous version of kernel – 188.8.131.52, I have had some hibernation instabilities. I’ve had some memory corruptions here and there, which would have required I reboot the machine. So far, and it’s been a while, I’m glad to say I had no reason to "reboot" my laptop, but only to hibernate and awake it. Works like a charm.
In my post here, I have complained of performance issues with Orinoco_pci module. Although I’ve had somewhat below the average speed in my LAN (I’ve got about 800KB/s, give or take, on my 802.11b network), using this line to reach an external server / address or even a web site was disastrous. Degraded performance, up to no connection at all. Ping was correct at all times, just as a simple wget to a rather close server (on my ISP’s server room) got timed-out, and drained to less than 2KB/s… Terrible.
In this kernel version, as I’m happy to say, I have tested the built-in orinoco, and finally it’s working just as it should. I get to use my full internet bandwidth, and I’m happy with it. Normal response times, and all. Now all I’ve got left is to make sure the internal LEDs work. On another day 🙂